Expand my Community achievements bar.

XML Editor (v4.3.1.390) reports "dirty version" that isn't actually "dirty"

Level 5

AEM Guides (UUID) 4.3.1.390 On-Prem Installation (Jan 15 2024)

AEM 6.5.19 (Service Pack 19) On-Prem Installation (Jan 15 2024)

When I view a closed or released topic, the Version display is showing the *, but when I open/checkout/lock the topic and click new version because I think the last saved version doesn't match the last saved working version, the * disappears I just had to create a new version for no reason. Basically, the Version: x.x* is displaying the * when the version isn't actually *.

5 Replies

Employee

Any modification to the metadata of a topic will mark it as 'dirty' (*). Have you recently made any metadata changes to the topic or anything else that might affect it at the node level?

-Pulkit N

Level 5

So the act of moving the Document State from Draft > In Review > Approved > Done triggers the "dirty" mark? How do you release topics, then, if moving them to Done makes them look like changes have been made?

Employee

@sschnelbach : Since document state is a metadata so it leads to mark the asset as dirty as it is done with any other asset metadata.

For your consideration, an enhanced version history comparison UI was introduced (in release 4.4) where you can see what has exactly changed in the working copy - you can also compare/check the metadata changes now (content comparison was already available) - the comparison is also made side-by-side now (earlier it was inline comparison) - check this page for more information.

So, when the dirty marker shows up - you can use the version history UI in webeditor to be sure about what really changed between last saved version and the working copy.

Administrator

@sschnelbach Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 5

Since we don't have v4.4 installed, I cannot confirm if this solution is adequate or not. I'm working on getting on our IT department's schedule to get v4.4 installed, but that may not happen for several months.