Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Web editor baseline display issue

Level 4

Hello -- I am unable to see the list of topics contained in a map in the Manage > Baseline view in the web editor. Also, double-clicking on a baseline doesn't allow me to see the list of all topics contained in a map; it just opens the edit baseline dialogue box. Any help on how to fix this would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

It seems you have created a dynamic baseline from the image attached . 
Baselines based on labels are updated dynamically. If you generate a baseline, download a baseline, or create a translation project using a baseline, the files are picked dynamically based on the updated labels. For example, if you have used version 1.2 of a topic with Label Release 1.0 for the baseline and later updated version 1.5 with Label Release 1.0, the baseline will be updated dynamically, and version 1.5 will be used.

Since topics are picked  dynamically in nature so that is the reason you cannot see them there  but you can always perform actions like download baseline , translation etc.

punagpal_1-1692157937265.png

-Pulkit N

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

It seems you have created a dynamic baseline from the image attached . 
Baselines based on labels are updated dynamically. If you generate a baseline, download a baseline, or create a translation project using a baseline, the files are picked dynamically based on the updated labels. For example, if you have used version 1.2 of a topic with Label Release 1.0 for the baseline and later updated version 1.5 with Label Release 1.0, the baseline will be updated dynamically, and version 1.5 will be used.

Since topics are picked  dynamically in nature so that is the reason you cannot see them there  but you can always perform actions like download baseline , translation etc.

punagpal_1-1692157937265.png

-Pulkit N

Level 4

Thank you for your reply, Pulkit. I will experiment further.

Level 2

Worst UX design ever. I can't see what's in a dynamic baseline unless I download it and view it in excel or sheets. However, the UI "tells" me I can edit it, and then gives useless messages when I try instead of something clear like "You cannot view or edit a dynamic baseline, you must download it to view the contents."

I've never used a product before where I have to trust that the software did it correctly. Frankly with AEM Guides, you my never regain my trust.

Appreciate your feedback.
We recognize that the dynamic baseline, tailored for label-based updates, may not meet your specific requirements. For your use case - static baselines, allowing file list viewing and editing, could be more suitable.

We acknowledge the need to improve the "edit baseline" messaging on the UI as it could be misleading, We're already working on it (Ref. DXML-12708). Rest assured, we'll keep you informed about any further updates.