Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Prevent AEM Site Output Present from Adding ditamap to end of URL

Level 1

When we are using the AEM Site output preset for our ditamap files, when the structure is created in AEM Sites, the root folder created from the ditamap has "-ditamap" appended to the page/folder name in AEM. We were looking for some setting to prevent this, but can't find one.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

@CDresslerKYN : please refer property "nodename.maxlength" in the configuration "com.adobe.fmdita.common.SanitizeNodeNameImpl" where the default length of page name is set to 50 - you can change that to desired length.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 6

In the Output preset, "Site Name" is used as the root folder name. To remove the default -ditamap from the root folder name, you can specify your custom site name.

So to make sure I understand, whatever we type in that field will be the name of the folder (ditamap) that will contain all the underlying topics?

I was able to verify that this works as explained. However we did find one issue with it. With Site Names that are longer than 51 characters, the generation will cut off the text after the 51st character. We then have to manually go into Sites and rename (move) the page and re-edit the name to the longer name. This fixes and allows for the longer name in Sites, but is a pain to have to fix these longer names after Generation. Not sure if there is a way to file a bug or get this fixed in the AEM Sites pre-set.

Correct answer by
Employee

@CDresslerKYN : please refer property "nodename.maxlength" in the configuration "com.adobe.fmdita.common.SanitizeNodeNameImpl" where the default length of page name is set to 50 - you can change that to desired length.