Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to use "data" element of a DITA map in generated AEMSite output

Level 2

Hi, I'm quite new to AEM Guides/XML Documentation and I am currently trying to figure out how to get "data" elements from a DITA Map in the generated AEM Site.

To clarify, the DITA Map has the following structure:

<map>

<title>XXX</title>
   <data>

<image id="logo" href="GUID-123asd123.jpg" ></image>

<xref format="txt" href="GUID-asd123qwe.txt" id="copyright">

</data>

<topicref ... ></topicref>

</map>

I want to use contents of "data" element in AEM Site pages, e.g.:

- show the brand logo on top of each page according to the "image" tag in Map 

- show the copyright disclaimer in footer section of each page according to "xref" tag in Map

I did some experiments with custom Design template for AEM Site preset and custom mappings between DITA elements and AEM components (elementmapping.xml), but I'm not able to understand which is the correct way to use "data" elements in my pages.

Thanks to everyone that will give me support.

5 Replies

Level 2

Hi all, meanwhile I wait for your kind answers to my question above, I would like to rephrase it to a more general level:

- is it possible to customize the output generation process of an AEM Site preset to allow processing of DITA Map children elements beside topics?

It seems to me that there are many ways to personalize topic pages, mapping elements used in Topics to our customized components, but the same is not true for Maps.

Level 6

Hi @Beamos88 

elementmapping works only at topic level where child elements can be processed using type Composite. 

Level 2

Hi @AswiniLakshminarayanan, thank you for your answer.

Checking other discussions (like this one: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/experience-manager-guides/the-generated-ditamap-det...) I thought it would be somehow possible to access those elements of a Map and be able to use them for "common" contents (brand logo/disclaimers in footer/etc...) of generated AEM Site.

So, just one last point to clarify: is it possible to publish DITA Map as "AEM Site" preventing removal of children elements except Topics?

Thanks in advance.

Administrator

@Beamos88 Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Hello @kautuk_sahni , and thank you for your interest. Actually my team is currently involved in other activities on the project and we couldn't investigate this issue further. 

We would really appreciate if you, and other people here with experience on AEM Guides, could suggest an answer about the question in the opening post.

Thank you