Expand my Community achievements bar.

Registration for the AEM Guides User conference on 24th and 25th March 2024 is open.
SOLVED

How to Upgrade AEM Guides version in AEMaaCS

Level 2

We are trying to understand how to upgrade the version of AEM Guides in our AEMaaCS environment. AEM Guides is enabled (and was installed) by editing our Program in Cloud Manager and ticking the box for AEM Guides under "Solutions and Add-Ons". From the release notes, it states the following:

Upgrade your current Adobe Experience Manager Guides as a Cloud Service (later referred as AEM Guides as a Cloud Service) setup by performing the following steps:

1. Check out the Cloud Services’ Git code and switch to the branch configured in the Cloud Services pipeline corresponding to the environment you want to upgrade.
  2. Update <dox.version> property in /dox/dox.installer/pom.xml file of your Cloud Services Git code to 2022.9.178.
  3. Commit the changes and run the Cloud Services pipeline to upgrade to the latest release of AEM Guides as a Cloud Service.

However when I do step #1, I see no folder path for /dox/dox.installer. Where is this located? Are we looking in the wrong place?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @ChrisDNYC 

You have configured the program for automatic provisioning of AEM Guides solution(enabling through solutions and add-ons). so, the version upgrade will happen automatically once the base image (aem release) is updated.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @ChrisDNYC 

You have configured the program for automatic provisioning of AEM Guides solution(enabling through solutions and add-ons). so, the version upgrade will happen automatically once the base image (aem release) is updated.

I had wondered that too. However we've just upgraded AEM to the latest version in Cloud Manager, but if I look in CRX/DE at the DITA packages, they still have the 2022.5 release indicated, not the latest 2022.9 (see screenshot).

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 12.02.49 PM.png

Guides upgrade will happen automatically when the new release of AEM image (the image that has not yet been made available to many customers) is updated.

Level 2

We have an open ticket with Adobe Support on this, and we were just told that AEM Guides updates via AEM images isn't coming until November. So it will be done that way, but not for another month or two.