Expand my Community achievements bar.

Registration for the AEM Guides User conference on 24th and 25th March 2024 is open.
SOLVED

How to pass parameters to DITA-OT PDF output

Level 5

Hi Team,

Our requirement is to generate pdf technical documents with part of content (for example product name) to be dynamic with rest of the content being same for all products. Is there a way to pass product name as a parameter while generating pdf output for a ditamap? If yes, can you please point me to a resource that I can refer.

cc: @DivrajSingh @TG_Explorer 

Thanks

Srikanth

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

@srikanthpogula : I think what you are looking for is to be able to define and use variables - which can be achieved in DITA using keydef/keyref

You can learn about this concept on some open channels - refer this link 

I hope this answers your query.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 5

Hi @DivrajSingh I referred above article which mentions about metadata field value being part of PDF output which appears to be static. Our requirement is to re-use single DITA map but only product part number in DITA map content must be dynamic.

Employee

And where will that product part number come from? Can it be stored as a variable that can be stored within AEM?

Level 5

Hi @DivrajSingh , Product number can be stored in AEM. To elaborate the requirement, we have product page urls something like this https://www.mycompany.com/products/{product_id} where product_id which is used to get product information from external PIM Database and display on AEM page. On every product page we are supposed to have Technical Specs PDF document. So when user tries to access Technical Specs document, we are looking to pass product_id to DITA-OT PDF output.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Srikanth

Correct answer by
Employee

@srikanthpogula : I think what you are looking for is to be able to define and use variables - which can be achieved in DITA using keydef/keyref

You can learn about this concept on some open channels - refer this link 

I hope this answers your query.

Level 5

Hi @DivrajSingh , thanks for the information, I will try this out and let you know the outcome. I am new to XML Documentation, so I need to figure how can this be achieved.

Thanks

Srikanth