Expand my Community achievements bar.

how to migrate content docs from SDL to aem guides , is there any native api's?

Level 3

how to migrate content docs from SDL to aem guides there is any native api's is there?

Please suggest some inputs.

4 Replies

Level 6

Please provide more details to better understand the ask here

1. What is the format of the content docs that needs to be migrated from SDL to Guides?

2. If it includes DITA content, Is it based on a custom DITA-OT implementation?

Hi @AswiniLakshminarayanan  

Thank you for the reply I am new to aem guides. after creating topic in aem guides the topic is storing under /content/dam/project. In that project I am opening of topic jct:content node I am not seeing the content of topic in node level where it will storing? 
please provide some clarity 

Thankyou 

Level 1

Hi,

Any updates to this thread on AEM guides related migration tools, if any available OOB unlike AEM as a cloud provides couple of migration tools - right from Content and asset migration, BPA analyzer etc.?

Level 5

We moved all our DITA content from SDL LCA to AEM Guides one publication at a time, using the same SDL tools used to extract content for translation. We then ran our files through a custom pre-processor script that our IT department wrote for us that prepared the DITA files for AEM. The script was also able to push the content directly into AEM using existing APIs and we just had to move the files to their final folder structure location. I don't believe there are any existing tools from AEM to do this.

It took 3 people about 8 months (while doing our normal work) to move about 2000 maps/publications.