Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to control Document state and Outgoing References metadata property in asset property page.

Level 4

Document state and Outgoing References metadata property need to move to third column but by default it is available in 2nd column. Please help how we can rearrange these two metadata.

djohn98390536_0-1719928039415.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

@djohn98390536 : are you looking to rearrange the docstate in one of the columns in asset properties?

You are correct that this is programmatically added. If you really need to change this you can do so by first understanding how it is currently added: check the file "/libs/fmdita/clientlibs/clientlib-asset-properties-page/docstatefield.js" where the method "addDocstateField" has logic to add it to the 2nd column - you can notice this in following line of code:

var col = $('coral-panel:nth-child(1) .aem-assets-metadata-form-tab .aem-assets-metadata-form-column:nth-child(2)');

Now to change this to your custom logic you can :

• Overlay this by creating the client library of category "dam.gui.coral.metadataeditor" which you can create by looking at properties of the directory "/libs/fmdita/clientlibs/clientlib-asset-properties-page" so you can create a similar client library folder under your project directory in /apps and use same clientlib category structure
  • And then add a js which has the copy of code of docstatefield.js, where you can change the logic as needed i.e. change the line of code highlighted above to:
    • var col = $('coral-panel:nth-child(1) .aem-assets-metadata-form-tab .aem-assets-metadata-form-column:nth-child(3)');

I hope this is what you were looking for.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

Hi,

You can arrange it using metadata schema form editor. Please follow the below steps to reach there:

1. Click on Adobe Experience manager and in the left rail, go to Tools.

2. Click on Assets and on right side you will find the option for metadata schemas. Refer below image:

Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 9.18.57 PM.png

 3. Click on metadata schemas and select the schema you want to edit. Select it and on top bar, edit button will be visible.

4. Click the edit button and it will open the metadata schema form editor. There you can arrange these options by drag/drop. You can also add/delete as per the requirement. Refer image below:

Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 9.20.38 PM.png

Let us know if it works for you. 

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Level 4

Document State and Outgoing References are metadata in AEM guides OOTB property and by default it is available in second column of the asset property page .In metadata schema we have not added these properties but it is coming by default as these are guides OOTB property. My question is do we have any option to rearrange these properties .

Correct answer by
Employee

@djohn98390536 : are you looking to rearrange the docstate in one of the columns in asset properties?

You are correct that this is programmatically added. If you really need to change this you can do so by first understanding how it is currently added: check the file "/libs/fmdita/clientlibs/clientlib-asset-properties-page/docstatefield.js" where the method "addDocstateField" has logic to add it to the 2nd column - you can notice this in following line of code:

var col = $('coral-panel:nth-child(1) .aem-assets-metadata-form-tab .aem-assets-metadata-form-column:nth-child(2)');

Now to change this to your custom logic you can :

• Overlay this by creating the client library of category "dam.gui.coral.metadataeditor" which you can create by looking at properties of the directory "/libs/fmdita/clientlibs/clientlib-asset-properties-page" so you can create a similar client library folder under your project directory in /apps and use same clientlib category structure
  • And then add a js which has the copy of code of docstatefield.js, where you can change the logic as needed i.e. change the line of code highlighted above to:
    • var col = $('coral-panel:nth-child(1) .aem-assets-metadata-form-tab .aem-assets-metadata-form-column:nth-child(3)');

I hope this is what you were looking for.