Expand my Community achievements bar.

Registration for the AEM Guides User conference on 24th and 25th March 2024 is open.
SOLVED

Failing to customize AEM Site design templates for XML documentation

Level 2

I am slowly understanding more things about sling, but so far I have not been able to apply the knowledge to customize AEM site templates, for the XML documentation addon.

There is a path to the template that has properties for other templates that transform content to different pages and areas of the page, like this:

/libs/fmdita/config/templates/default

jcr:primaryType=nt:unstructured

topicPageTemplate=/libs/fmdita/templates/default/cqtemplates/topicpage

topicNode=jcr:content/contentnode

/libs/fmdita/templates/default/cqtemplates/topicpage

jcr:primaryType=cq:Template

/libs/fmdita/templates/default/cqtemplates/topicpage/jcr:content

jcr:primaryType=cq:PageContent

sling:resourceType=fmdita/components/siteoutput/default/topicpage

/libs/fmdita/templates/default/cqtemplates/topicpage/jcr:content/contentnode

sling:resourceType=foundation/components/parsys

/libs/fmdita/components/siteoutput/default/topicpage

jcr:primaryType=cq:Component

sling:resourceSuperType=foundation/components/page

/libs/fmdita/components/siteoutput/default/topicpage/body.jsp

I've tried recreating the same structure of nodes in /apps/kendall and making a slight modification to body.jsp and this makes no difference. I've tried modifying other nodes in a copy of the structure and there is no change. Do you have any suggestions?

There is a template for the landing page. I was able to customize that.

1 Accepted Solution

Administrator

The issue got self resolved. 

@kendalls5216292 mentioned, 

I think the difference was that I copied the entire tree of nodes from libs to apps within my app and then modified them.

I read that Sling Resource Merger can only be used with Granite. So, maybe the AEM Site output preset in the XML Documentation package doesn't use granite and that is the explanation.

Kautuk Sahni
5 Replies

Level 2
Hmm... change I make to the topic components now are reflected in the output. I wish I could delete this question

Administrator
Were there some extra pointers to keep in mind for someone else facing this problem in future? Please share your comment as separate reply (not as an comment) so that I can mark it as a correct for posterity.

Kautuk Sahni

Administrator
Were there some extra pointers to keep in mind for someone else facing this problem in future? Please share your comment as separate reply (not as an comment) so that I can mark it as a correct for posterity.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

I think the difference was that I copied the entire tree of nodes from libs to apps within my app and then modified them.

I read that Sling Resource Merger can only be used with Granite. So, maybe the AEM Site output preset in the XML Documentation package doesn't use granite and that is the explanation.

Administrator

The issue got self resolved. 

@kendalls5216292 mentioned, 

Kautuk Sahni