Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can I automate generation and publishing

Level 2

I have a topic that is reused in about 200 sites. I want to update the topic, and then generate and publish in all the sites. Any ideas on how to do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

This is an upcoming feature to automatically publish the conrefed content in all the site pages. You will be able to :

1) Choose to reflect the changes in all ditamaps

2) Choose to publish to selective ditamaps and selective presets like AEM sites etc. with an option to choose publish context like baselines and conditional preset

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee

@robertk30941538 : how are you publishing those topics? via ditamap?

AEM maintains references of each asset to its corresponding DITAMaps and pages where those assets are used. Having said that, there can be few possibilities but depends on your input on above question.

Employee
So, when you say that a topic is reused in 200 sites, do you have 200 ditamaps that publish the reused topic to corresponding site pages? Are these translated copies or same language content hosted via 200 different URLs?

Level 2
The topic is a conref that is used in about 200 topics that are contained in about 200 ditamaps. Each of the topics with the conref are unique except for the fact that they contain the conref.

Employee
Thanks for details, So this conref could be like a Note/Warning used in multiple topics. Identifying the impacted topics and finding the ditamaps that should be republished is available as metadata in system but not yet exposed for such use case. With that what I mean is, the feature you need is not available out of the box but this can be achieved with a customization that involves some APIs. Also, this feature is planned in one of the upcoming release, you may want to wait if this is not blocking you as of now. To know more about upcoming feature, you can get in touch with the customer success manager to get more details.

Correct answer by
Employee

This is an upcoming feature to automatically publish the conrefed content in all the site pages. You will be able to :

1) Choose to reflect the changes in all ditamaps

2) Choose to publish to selective ditamaps and selective presets like AEM sites etc. with an option to choose publish context like baselines and conditional preset