Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Guides: how to grant users the access?

Level 3

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to grant users the access to AEM Guides? As the admin of AEM, it looks like I don't have the fullaccess to AEM Guides.

AEM Version: AEM as a Cloud Serivce

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

1. Please ensure that the users requiring access to AEM guides are first added to the Cloud manager user/usergroups and assigned with the required products in order to login to the AEM environments.
You can verify this in the admin console → users  → Add/Select the user and assign the products (cloud instances)

2. For the users who can login to the AEM environments successfully, there are three user groups - Authors, publishers and reviewers. You can add the users to these groups from user admin (tools →  security  → users)

3. If you are an administrator but lack the necessary privileges while using AEM Guides.
login to the AEM environment, Go to tools  → security  → users  →  check if your user id has 'administrators' group added. If not, add and then validate your access. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

1. Please ensure that the users requiring access to AEM guides are first added to the Cloud manager user/usergroups and assigned with the required products in order to login to the AEM environments.
You can verify this in the admin console → users  → Add/Select the user and assign the products (cloud instances)

2. For the users who can login to the AEM environments successfully, there are three user groups - Authors, publishers and reviewers. You can add the users to these groups from user admin (tools →  security  → users)

3. If you are an administrator but lack the necessary privileges while using AEM Guides.
login to the AEM environment, Go to tools  → security  → users  →  check if your user id has 'administrators' group added. If not, add and then validate your access. 

Level 3

Wow, so detailed, I'm so surprised. 

For #2, if users are non-admin, admin can manage authors, publishers, reviewers by adding users into the corresponding AEM built-in groups, right?

Anyway, the way of managing AEM Guides users is so weird. I am struggling with the process for a long time. >.<

Thank you very much, @AswiniLakshminarayanan !

Level 6

Yes, you are right! Those three user groups are the default groups that come with AEM Guides, so managing the guides users should be straight forward if we just add them to any of these groups based on their role.