Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Which web property to use?

Level 2

Hi Everyone,

I am newbie for DTM Implementation and entered a project where they are doing migration from one platform to another.

I have two approaches to follow, but I want to understand which one is the best one with no issue in data flowing.

Can someone please suggest which approach should I pick?

Approach 1

For the live website , one web property is already live and firing all the rules and capturing data.

The header and footer codes for this website is sued by the development team on the new website platform as well.

Now, can I go ahead with the same web property and just create and replicate the rules which are needed.

Approach 2

For the website which is in development, I create a new web property and provide the header and footer code to the development team.

I am not sure once my website is live and I push my rules to publish.

Do I still have to make any change in Adobe Analytics code also to make sure that the data goes in the same report suite as it was before.

Kindly please help!!

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Approach 1 is easier if you wish to capture same variables/ rules which is already set up in the web property. Just make sure to switch to the right report suite in the new website platform.

Approach 2 is suitable as well but you'd need to set up the rules again and test, which could be an overhead.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Approach 1 is easier if you wish to capture same variables/ rules which is already set up in the web property. Just make sure to switch to the right report suite in the new website platform.

Approach 2 is suitable as well but you'd need to set up the rules again and test, which could be an overhead.

Level 2

Hi , thank you for replying to my question.

Can you please help me understand how can I do this, "Just make sure to switch to the right report suite in the new website platform."

Thanks again!!