Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Using direct call rule to call direct call rule

Level 2

Hello,

I have setup a new direct call rule.I want to call another direct call rule using a direct call rule. That means if I call one direct call rule then the another one should be automatically get called. Is it possible to call a direct call rule using another direct call rule?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

In a 3rd party script tag you can add a _satellite.track('dc_rule_condition_string') call to your 2nd dc rule but I echo Jantzen.Belliston  sentiment.. I'm skeptical about why you want to do this; good chance there could be a better way to do what you ultimately want out of all this..

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

Can I ask why you would try to do this rather than just calling the second direct call rule from the start? Is the first direct call rule performing some other tasks in addition to calling the second direct call rule? Is there any reason you couldn't just call both direct call rules from the page rather than nesting them?

Correct answer by
Level 9

In a 3rd party script tag you can add a _satellite.track('dc_rule_condition_string') call to your 2nd dc rule but I echo Jantzen.Belliston  sentiment.. I'm skeptical about why you want to do this; good chance there could be a better way to do what you ultimately want out of all this..