Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Tracking Vanity URL

Level 4

Hi Team,

Can someone help me out how to track the vanity url through DTM.

I'm implementing the ‘Vanity’ url for the first time to track in Adobe Analytics.

https://abcd.com/academic/pages/default.aspx?new=newacademic

Above is my url.And my ‘new‘ is the Querystring

In the DTM I have followed

overview-tool-Referrers & Campaigns

1528237_pastedImage_0.png

In my Adobe debugger I don’t see any value coming from the ‘campaign’.

Can you please assist me wether the Process that I have followed is the right way what I have done? Else, Please can someone help how to track.

Thanks,

Balakrishna

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

If you are trying to capture the query string pair listed in your first post and send the value into your campaign variable in Analytics, the way you've set it up should be fine. Since you've entered this at the tool level, DTM will process this on every page load. If you are using a single page app framework, this would only work on the first load (since single page apps only load the page once).

With that said, if your just getting started with DTM, I'd highly recommend you look into Launch, by Adobe. Launch is DTM's successor and is already being used by many of our clients. DTM will eventually be depreciated and is already considered a legacy product at this time with no new features or enhancements planed to be released. Launch is available to all Experience Cloud customers at no additional cost just as DTM is.

You can learn more about Launch on our dedicated Launch, by Adobe​ community.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Where is the above screenshot taken? Is it part of a rule? If so, did that rule fire on the page?

If you could share your rule name and URL where I can test, I'd be happy to take a look.

Thanks,
Jantzen

Level 4

Hi Jantzen,

Thanks for your email,

I've not created any rule, I have given it in overview tool and tried to fire the url in the browser. where I could not see the tracking code passed in to the campaign with the server call. The way that I'm doing is not an appropriate? Can you please suggest me how to proceed to track the vanity URL tracking.

Thanks,

Balakrishna

Correct answer by
Level 10

If you are trying to capture the query string pair listed in your first post and send the value into your campaign variable in Analytics, the way you've set it up should be fine. Since you've entered this at the tool level, DTM will process this on every page load. If you are using a single page app framework, this would only work on the first load (since single page apps only load the page once).

With that said, if your just getting started with DTM, I'd highly recommend you look into Launch, by Adobe. Launch is DTM's successor and is already being used by many of our clients. DTM will eventually be depreciated and is already considered a legacy product at this time with no new features or enhancements planed to be released. Launch is available to all Experience Cloud customers at no additional cost just as DTM is.

You can learn more about Launch on our dedicated Launch, by Adobe​ community.

Level 4

Hi Jantzen,

Thanks for you're feedback. I've changed from tool level and changed to particular page framework. Its working as expected.

Thanks,

Balakrishna