Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Testing Adobe DTM

Level 2

Hi everyone,

Anyone knows if exists a tool to do tests in Adobe Platform, for instance, throw events and collect data?

Thank you

Claudio de Oliveira

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I'm not sure I understand the issue completely. If you have Analytics code on the page, your implementation should be sending server calls. You can verify this via the network tab in the developer tools or with the digital pulse debugger. You can also check the report suite used in the implementation inside Analytics to see if the hits show up in your reports. 

If you are trying to verify that all your pages have the Analytics code present, you may need to work with a third-party scanning tool like ObservePoint

Thanks,
Jantzen

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

Claudio, 

Are you looking for a tool that will populate a server call and send sample data to your report suite?

Thanks,
Jantzen

Level 2

Hi Jantzen,

Yes, something like this, but automacally..

Something like send server calls and assert reports results similar unit tests in software development.

Thank you,

BR

Claudio de Oliveira

Level 10

Claudio,

I have a background in the Analytics implementation team here at Adobe and I'm not aware of any tool that will automatically generate a server call. Most of our customers will setup a test environment and a test report suite to get started. Then they can deploy the Analytics library to the environment and start creating test server calls via the page code or DTM. DTM makes deploying the Analytics library and creating server calls very easy, even for non-developers. I'd suggest you start there.

Hope this helps,

Jantzen

Level 2

Hi Jantzen,

Thank you for the tips.

My main problem is about is if the code is present on tracked pages and after this collect data from report suites.

Maybe I will try to develop a tool to verify pages and after this i will think how to get data from report suites.

Thank you

Best Regards

Claudio de Oliveira

Correct answer by
Level 10

I'm not sure I understand the issue completely. If you have Analytics code on the page, your implementation should be sending server calls. You can verify this via the network tab in the developer tools or with the digital pulse debugger. You can also check the report suite used in the implementation inside Analytics to see if the hits show up in your reports. 

If you are trying to verify that all your pages have the Analytics code present, you may need to work with a third-party scanning tool like ObservePoint

Thanks,
Jantzen

Level 2

Hi Jantzen,

Thank you so much, the ObserverPoint is exactly which i need.

You save my life!!  cool

Thank you again.

BR

Claudio

Level 10

Glad I could help! cool 

Thanks for stopping by the community!yes