Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Rules do not fire

Employee

My rules in DTM are currently not firing. What are some things that I can check?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

If your event-based rule does not fire, then there is likely an issue with the selector / condition of the rule. Locate the element on your site where the desired event action occurs, right click and select Inspect element. Inspect the highlighted script in the box that opens and ensure you are targeting the correct element. Example:

Target element: <div class=’pauseButton’ style=’opacity: 1’>

Selector Syntax:

• CSS Selector Syntax: div.pauseButton OR div[class=’pauseButton’]
  • Manually assign attributes:
    • Element Tag: div
    • Property: class
    • Value: pauseButton

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

If your event-based rule does not fire, then there is likely an issue with the selector / condition of the rule. Locate the element on your site where the desired event action occurs, right click and select Inspect element. Inspect the highlighted script in the box that opens and ensure you are targeting the correct element. Example:

Target element: <div class=’pauseButton’ style=’opacity: 1’>

Selector Syntax:

• CSS Selector Syntax: div.pauseButton OR div[class=’pauseButton’]
  • Manually assign attributes:
    • Element Tag: div
    • Property: class
    • Value: pauseButton

Level 2

If you are comfortable with using the javascript debugging tool within a browser, I recommend using the DTM's debug logging.  More complete information is available in the DTM Object Reference.

But, you can execute the comment 

_satellite.setDebug(true);

This will turn on the logging in your console.  These logs will tell you all the rules and events that DTM executed and captured.

[img]dtm-debug.png[/img]