Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Newly created Event based rules is working in production before approving/publishing

Level 4

Hi,

Created new event based rules and it is working fine in Dev environment but before approving/publishing the url it is working in production too. Is there any reason? I did verified the DTM header & footer code and it is placed appropriately.

Any help?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi, 

We offer our sincere apology for the delayed response. 

Can you please let us know if you are still facing the same issue . If yes, We would suggest you to check whether the DTM switch plugin installed in the browser is not set to staging mode as sometimes the same setting is used to test the rules in staging environment.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2

Assuming the DTM reference in the <head> section isn't pointing to the staging rules, if you have the DTM Switch plugin installed make sure it is not set to Staging. I frequently forget to turn that off after previous testing.

Level 1

Muthu,

These are the possibilities which might "Event based rule" can work in PROD environment without approving or publishing,

Whether you placed the Staging DTM Containers in the production website? (or)

You might have used the same containers for Staging & Production?

Hope this helps!

Srini

Level 4

Hi Srini,

Thanks for the reply. As mentioned earlier, i verified DTM containers and it is used correctly(ie: staging container only in Dev environment & production container only in the production url/website).

But, one thing i'm not sure about is Domain spanned in the settings. I noticed, that we included/added dev-url.net. Will that be the reason?

-Muthu

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi, 

We offer our sincere apology for the delayed response. 

Can you please let us know if you are still facing the same issue . If yes, We would suggest you to check whether the DTM switch plugin installed in the browser is not set to staging mode as sometimes the same setting is used to test the rules in staging environment.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal