Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

MultiSuite Tracking

Level 5

Hi, I'm looking for a way to maintain separate Analytics data for each of our websites and at the same time be able to track visits across them.

Example: Traffic comes to our Landing Pages from Paid Search. Our LPs contain links to a second site where the actual (multi-step) sign-up process occurs.

I want to treat these as separate websites (they are) but I also need to track visits from Paid Search all the way through to the individual steps on the second site.

Would this work:

1) Create RS:"A"
2) Create RS:"B"
3) Create RS:"C"
4) Create DTM property for "a.com" (Production RS:"A","C")
5) Create DTM property for "b.com" (Production RS:"B","C")

Ali

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi  Ali, 

As per our understanding from the scenario mentioned above, The solution proposed by you will work appropriately and the Report Suite "C" will serve as Global Report Suite .  Some of the benefits / points of consideration for using Global Report Suite are-

De-Duplication: Global report suites de-duplicate unique visitors. For example, if a user visits three of your domains in the same day, Global report suites would record one unique visitor.

Time frame:  Global report suites report data with standard latency.

Breadth: Global report suites can attribute credit to conversion variables between report suites, as well as provide pathing across report suites. 

Historical data:  Global report suites only report data from the point they were implemented.

Reports: Global report suites provide additional information on ALL reports implemented.

Global report suites can be used across all products, and can have an unlimited number of child report suites.

Please let us know if you have any more questions or queries.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi  Ali, 

As per our understanding from the scenario mentioned above, The solution proposed by you will work appropriately and the Report Suite "C" will serve as Global Report Suite .  Some of the benefits / points of consideration for using Global Report Suite are-

De-Duplication: Global report suites de-duplicate unique visitors. For example, if a user visits three of your domains in the same day, Global report suites would record one unique visitor.

Time frame:  Global report suites report data with standard latency.

Breadth: Global report suites can attribute credit to conversion variables between report suites, as well as provide pathing across report suites. 

Historical data:  Global report suites only report data from the point they were implemented.

Reports: Global report suites provide additional information on ALL reports implemented.

Global report suites can be used across all products, and can have an unlimited number of child report suites.

Please let us know if you have any more questions or queries.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal