Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Multiple CSS element selectors

Level 1

Hi, how is it possible to setup an event based rule which is fired off two button clicks? E.g. conversion page which has save order button and continue order, I want to fire the same tag on both buttons. I'm not sure if I can have two element selections in the Element Tag or Selector field.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Alex,

You'd want to create an event-based rule with a click event type. For the tag, you'd want to use a selector that was generic enough to match both buttons. Finally, you'll use conditions to ensure it only fires when appropriate. You could use something like the path condition to ensure it only fires on the pages where the button is located. If the buttons are on different pages, you can add multiple path conditions and they will function like "or" operators.

Cheers,
Jantzen

EDIT: Marking as correct as this answer best answers the general question. Additional responses are specific to this use case.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Alex,

You'd want to create an event-based rule with a click event type. For the tag, you'd want to use a selector that was generic enough to match both buttons. Finally, you'll use conditions to ensure it only fires when appropriate. You could use something like the path condition to ensure it only fires on the pages where the button is located. If the buttons are on different pages, you can add multiple path conditions and they will function like "or" operators.

Cheers,
Jantzen

EDIT: Marking as correct as this answer best answers the general question. Additional responses are specific to this use case.

Level 1

Thanks Jantzen, the problem I'm having is that it's an angular.js site, there aren't actually any unique pages in this process. Can you have any and/or operators in the CSS element selector?

Level 10

I don't believe the CSS selector field supports any kind of logic. The condition fields do support regex and I see there is a condition for hash so that might work for your single page app.

Additionally, there is a custom condition element that will allow you to write your own script that returns true when you'd like the rule to fire.