Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

multilple images firing for one event

Level 4

Hi,

I have recently started using DTM. Overall, the tool gets a double thumbs up! But, I am facing issue in tracking certain exit links. Upon inspection this is the code of the link -

<li id="careerTool">

<a class="flyoutBtn" title="Visit Careers at Citi" role="menuitem" target="_blank" href="http://careers.citigroup.com/Careers/Default.jsp?lang=en" onclick="return CitiGroupGlobal.navigateTo('http://careers.citigroup.com/Careers/Default.jsp?lang=en', '_blank');">Careers</a>
</li>

In DTM, I am using event based rule. To track this link i have put the event type as 'click' and i have tried putting the tag both as li#careerTool and a.flyoutBtn . I am then clicking on s.tl() exit link and setting the props/evars/events that shall be fired when this event takes place.

Upon debugging. In the DTM debugger, DTM tracks a click on A and the rule is fired. In the omnibug/digital pulse, two images are getting fired simultaneously. And is getting doubly recorded in Sitecatalyst as well.

I have also tried the various bubbling combinations.

Can someone please tell me why such thing is happening and is there any special way to track elements under li tags etc?

Regards,

Sanmeet Walia

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Sanmeet,

I took a look at your account and you have two instances of Adobe Analytics activated.   In the event based rule you have it set to send data to both instances.  This would cause the double counting that you are seeing.

-Rudi

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Sanmeet,

I took a look at your account and you have two instances of Adobe Analytics activated.   In the event based rule you have it set to send data to both instances.  This would cause the double counting that you are seeing.

-Rudi

Level 4

Can you help me with this also -

I read that getValOnce plugin is not yet tested to be compatible with Appmeasurement library. Whats the alternate approach.

I DTM in campaigns section we can mention the queryParam that should be captured to store the value in the campaign. How can we apply getValOnce there? is it something by default in s.Util.getQqueryParam?