Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

list expiry options

Level 2

Hi folks,

I am trying to understand the difference of setting an expiry to the list variable.

What is the difference when I set it to visit vs month.

For example: I have 'signup form success'- how will the instances be counted in both the cases.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

We should move this discussion out of DTM and into Analytics if we continue beyond this comment.  Your prop will  expire on page view so if you want the list to match on instances it needs to expire on page view as well.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Is this a setting DTM you're referring to, or is it a setting in Analytics?

Level 2

My understanding is that the list vars (list1, list2, list3) follow the same basic expiration rules as eVars. So if a list var is set to expire on the visit, then any value assigned to that var during the visit will persist until the visit expires.  If it is set to a specific time period, like month, day, 5 days, etc, the value assigned to that list variable will persist for that specific time period, beyond the visit.

Level 2

I am copying a prop value to the list, I see same number of visits and unique visitors but different instances number

the setup is about adobe analytics

Correct answer by
Level 2

We should move this discussion out of DTM and into Analytics if we continue beyond this comment.  Your prop will  expire on page view so if you want the list to match on instances it needs to expire on page view as well.