Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is one way any better than the other?

Level 6

So just wondering if there is any difference at all regarding the 2 different methods below for capturing domain. Actually 3, I could use custom javaScript. Just wondering if there would be cost/benefit factors that I should be aware of when strategizing on the different methods to do the same thing.

Use JavaScript Object:

1269433_pastedImage_0.png

Use the built-in data element:

1269473_pastedImage_1.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

There really shouldn't be any difference, although the Force lowercase value is a good reason to go with the JS Object.

Jantzen.Belliston​ - any thoughts?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

There really shouldn't be any difference, although the Force lowercase value is a good reason to go with the JS Object.

Jantzen.Belliston​ - any thoughts?

Level 6

Hey, that's exactly the answer I was looking for. I guess it's the little things that you look at when deciding which way to go.

So when using a built-in data element then you accept the way the data formatted else use a JavaScript object to modify the value if needed in order to have clean data in your reports.

thanks again for all your help.

Level 10

I would use a JS object as well. When Adobe Launch is released, it's possible that some of the built in data elements or methods might change. I don't know for sure if hostname would be one, but it's an easy potential headache to avoid by setting up your own JS object. Also, as Eric mentioned, you have more flexibility with a JS object.