Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

how do i track the percentage pageviewed when user abandon my site?

Level 3

I have implemented the plugin for both previouspagename and % pageviewed on my site and this is working fine but how do i capture the no of users coming onto my site and abandoning without scrolling?

Is there a way to do this in DTM without having to rely on the previous pagename being captured?  Help!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi kee,

Because the plug-in captures the percentage of the previous page that the user viewed, if users close their web browsers, click a browser bookmark, or enter a different URL in their address bar, Adobe  will not receive the percentage for that final page (as there is no “next page” on which to capture the data) and there is no way to capture the scroll data if However, if the user clicks an exit link, the percentage of the page that the user viewed can be captured prior to the user leaving your site. One way around this is to use a function on all exit links to call s.getPercentPageViewed().

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 9

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. Are you looking to track if a user comes to your site, but doesn't click on any other pages? i.e. doesn't scroll or have a previous page? A bounce would be tracked in Analytics if a user came to the page and did not fire any image requests. i.e. nothing was fired from %page viewed and the user did not click on any links. You can track this in Analytics by looking at bounces for a specific page. More info on how bounces are tracked in Analytics here: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/kb/en_US/analytics/kb/comparing-bounces-and-single-access...

Best,

Tacia

Level 3

Thanks for the response. I was also looking at tracking when a user comes to my site from say, Facebook and doesn't click on any link or other pages but scroll to see half the page and then closes the browser.  i.e no previous page for the data to be captured on, so how do I capture the percentage of that single page they viewed before closing the browser? Is there a way to track this aside from enabling the single page metric in the report?

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi kee,

Because the plug-in captures the percentage of the previous page that the user viewed, if users close their web browsers, click a browser bookmark, or enter a different URL in their address bar, Adobe  will not receive the percentage for that final page (as there is no “next page” on which to capture the data) and there is no way to capture the scroll data if However, if the user clicks an exit link, the percentage of the page that the user viewed can be captured prior to the user leaving your site. One way around this is to use a function on all exit links to call s.getPercentPageViewed().

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal