Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

General Page Load Rule

Level 5

Hi,

I've been using DTM for a year now but it's still unclear to me if I need General Page Load Rules - PLRs with no conditions?

The DTM training has you create one which is why I created one.

In the Adobe Tool, I have set several global variables including the Data Elements that I use to set Page Title and Server as well as several eVars and props.

I have a General Page Load Rule that doesn't include additional variables and doesn't override those set in the Adobe Analytics Tool.

Do I need this rule?

Thanks,

Ali

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Ali,

The Analytics tool in DTM will fire an Analytics s.t() (Page Load) beacon on each page by default. You don't need a "blank" page load rule in the rules section. Each rule in the page load rule section just modifies that default beacon. If you have a rule that isn't making any modifications to the defaults set in your tool, I'd recommend removing it. As always, be sure to test this in your staging environment before deploying in production.

Cheers,

Jantzen

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Ali,

The Analytics tool in DTM will fire an Analytics s.t() (Page Load) beacon on each page by default. You don't need a "blank" page load rule in the rules section. Each rule in the page load rule section just modifies that default beacon. If you have a rule that isn't making any modifications to the defaults set in your tool, I'd recommend removing it. As always, be sure to test this in your staging environment before deploying in production.

Cheers,

Jantzen

Level 5

Thanks for the reply Jantzen!

Ali