Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Funnel Tracking with .aspx in DTM

Level 1

Hi -

I'm working on figuring out how to track funnel metrics with Adobe Analytics/DTM when you have a static URL using a .aspx. In Google Analytics - I believe setting up virtual pages is a possible solution -- I'm not entirely sure how this works in DTM.

How do I go about setting up the funnel tracking when the URL doesn't change as visitors go through the funnel experience?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Kevin ,

Can you please share your DTM Account login details as well as website URL  in a private message or through Email: pamittal@adobe.com so that we can debug the issue at our end. 

Also , Please find below my comments inline to your queries .

1) We could not duplicate the result, even after we followed the example exactly the way the video showed. Not sure what the problem/issue is there. // Please share account details

2) For our .aspx funnel, how do we automatically pass the condition string to DTM for it to trigger an Adobe Analytics pageview event? // you have to insert the piece of code  _satellite.track("DCFunnel1")   in the dynamic page code that get's inserted to the page on every step of the page so that the direct call fires and DTM listen's to it.

3) Would we have to create a Direct Call Rule for every page of the funnel? Or is there a way for us to create a Page Name for each funnel page within one Direct Call Rule?  Yes, you can create a single Direct call Rule and then under custom Adobe Analytic code you can put your own logic to fire the set of code on the basis of certain condtion. 

Please see the following webinar link for more clarity on Direct Call Rules.

https://my.adobeconnect.com/p7y362elp19

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Kevin ,

I assume that by funnel Metrics you mean "Success Events ". If the URL doesn't change , I assume it's  a Single Page Application . For tracking Single page Application for which the URL doesn't change i.e. URL remains static However the content gets inserted into the page dynamically , Please see the following link : 

https://helpx.adobe.com/dtm/kb/How_to_use_DTM_for_Single_Page_Apps.html

Please let me know in case of any questions or queries.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 1

Hi Parit -

Thanks for your response. Per your recommendation, I looked into the link that you sent over and tried to implement a Direct Call Rule. We followed the Direct Call Rule video (https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/dtm/t_rules_direct_conditions.html) and implemented a test rule exactly as the video showed -- and could not replicate the result. The video created a test String as a Condition (DCTEST) - and then implemented a javascript pop up window once that condition is met. What they did in the video is go through and inspect the element - and manually passed "DC TEST" into _satellite.track() -- so _satellite.track("DCTEST") -- in order to get the pop up window to show.

Just as a reminder and for some context, we're implementing an .aspx dynamic funnel (lead acquisition form) where the URL remains static while the content is dynamic. 

A few things:

1) We could not duplicate the result, even after we followed the example exactly the way the video showed. Not sure what the problem/issue is there.

2) For our .aspx funnel, how do we automatically pass the condition string to DTM for it to trigger an Adobe Analytics pageview event?

3) Would we have to create a Direct Call Rule for every page of the funnel? Or is there a way for us to create a Page Name for each funnel page within one Direct Call Rule?

Thanks again for your help -- looking forward to hearing back regarding any insights you have on solving this issue.

Best,

Kevin Cheng

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Kevin ,

Can you please share your DTM Account login details as well as website URL  in a private message or through Email: pamittal@adobe.com so that we can debug the issue at our end. 

Also , Please find below my comments inline to your queries .

1) We could not duplicate the result, even after we followed the example exactly the way the video showed. Not sure what the problem/issue is there. // Please share account details

2) For our .aspx funnel, how do we automatically pass the condition string to DTM for it to trigger an Adobe Analytics pageview event? // you have to insert the piece of code  _satellite.track("DCFunnel1")   in the dynamic page code that get's inserted to the page on every step of the page so that the direct call fires and DTM listen's to it.

3) Would we have to create a Direct Call Rule for every page of the funnel? Or is there a way for us to create a Page Name for each funnel page within one Direct Call Rule?  Yes, you can create a single Direct call Rule and then under custom Adobe Analytic code you can put your own logic to fire the set of code on the basis of certain condtion. 

Please see the following webinar link for more clarity on Direct Call Rules.

https://my.adobeconnect.com/p7y362elp19