Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Excel Macro Workbook

Level 6

In one of the Adobe Launch sessions at Summit 2017 they had showed off an excel macro workbook that I believe was using the API to populate props, evars, data elements and active/not active status. I thought they said they would share it out and to make sure you have macro rights but I never found or was given a link to where I could download it.

Would anyone know where I can get it as it was a very awesome excel workbook that would help us immensely with our tag audit .

Thank you in advance for any help,

Scott

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

If you're able to determine which session it is, I can ask the presenter of that session. I've spoken with the Adobe Launch product evangelist that presented in most of the Launch sessions and he indicated he wasn't aware of any Excel workbook for Launch. I also don't know how an old excel workbook would work with Adobe Launch since Launch is brand new. 

In one of the developer sessions, a web app was shown that used the APIs to create properties, data elements, rules, ect. This wasn't something that was going to be shared though. It was a simple example of how the APIs could eventually be used to create a "standard" implementation for your company. 

Sometime after the release of Launch, the APIs will become available to customers & partners to interact with using your own apps. At this point, there isn't anything officially built for Excel.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Scott,

Do you remember which session this might have been in? I was in most of the Launch sessions and I don't recall anything Excel being shown. In one of the developer sessions, a web app was shown that used the APIs to create properties, data elements, rules, ect. This wasn't something that was going to be shared though. It was a simple example of how the APIs could eventually be used to create a "standard" implementation for your company. 

Sometime after the release of Launch, the APIs will become available to customers & partners to interact with using your own apps. At this point, there isn't anything officially built for Excel.

Thanks,
Jantzen

Level 6

I remember it had a black background and definitely was in excel. I believe they said it was old. I can't remember the session but I think it was in one of the DTM sessions and it was shown off very briefly.

Correct answer by
Level 10

If you're able to determine which session it is, I can ask the presenter of that session. I've spoken with the Adobe Launch product evangelist that presented in most of the Launch sessions and he indicated he wasn't aware of any Excel workbook for Launch. I also don't know how an old excel workbook would work with Adobe Launch since Launch is brand new. 

In one of the developer sessions, a web app was shown that used the APIs to create properties, data elements, rules, ect. This wasn't something that was going to be shared though. It was a simple example of how the APIs could eventually be used to create a "standard" implementation for your company.