Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

DTM tutorials, trainings etc

Level 2

Hey Guys,

Do you have any documentation I can get to understand a little bit better how to implement tags with the DTM ?
I really appreciate the help!!

regards!
Yabagna

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Yabagna,

Are you aware of the DTM documentation available here? You can access this from within your DTM account by clicking on the 'Help' icon in the top left of the page and then clicking 'Help Home'.

Here are some links to specific content within this help doc that may meet your needs:

Hope this helps!

Best,

Anna

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 1
Level 1

Hi Yabagna,

as there is little information in the standard documentation about the data layer which is necessary for DTM I searched for information and found an interesting draft "Customer Experience Digital Data Acquisition 0.5" from the W3C that helps concerning the data layer for dynamic tag management:

http://www.w3.org/community/custexpdata/wiki/images/9/93/W3C_CustomerExperienceDigitalDataAcquisitio...

Maybe this helps too.

Best regards

Jens

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Yabagna,

Are you aware of the DTM documentation available here? You can access this from within your DTM account by clicking on the 'Help' icon in the top left of the page and then clicking 'Help Home'.

Here are some links to specific content within this help doc that may meet your needs:

Hope this helps!

Best,

Anna

Level 3

Jens,

The main reason we haven't put a lot of documentation around the data layer is because we don't require any specific standard or format.  Anything that's in the DOM (HTML, CSS, or Javascript) can be referenced in DTM and used to populate data elements.

For example, let's say you had a Javascript object defined on the page that was populated by Adobe Experience Manager or whatever content management system you happen to be using:

var pageData = { "pageName" : "Creating a data layer in DTM", "pageType" : "article", "channel"  : "tips and tricks" // etc... };

You can then use the Data Elements feature in DTM to map these key/value pairs to individual data elements.  Example:

[img]data_element_example.png[/img]

Hope this helps!

-Shawn