Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

DTM setting window.name

Level 1

Hi, we have a SPA using Angular 1.x, which we are attempting to run tests for with Protractor. We're running into some difficulty with this because it appears the DTM library is resetting the value of window.name, which is causing our Protractor tests to fail, as Angular also uses this property of the window object to store data.

Is there any way to tell DTM not to use window.name, or any other workarounds anyone can think of? Has anyone faced this problem in the past? Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Paul,

I was able to talk to one of our Adobe Consultants and they indicated they've definitely deployed DTM on Angular and not seen that issue. They did indicate it may have been a 2.x version though. Any chance you might be moving to a new version of Angular soon? If not, I'd open a ticket with Customer Care so they can get the specifics and possibly open an engineering ticket.

Thanks,
Jantzen

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Paul,

I was able to talk to one of our Adobe Consultants and they indicated they've definitely deployed DTM on Angular and not seen that issue. They did indicate it may have been a 2.x version though. Any chance you might be moving to a new version of Angular soon? If not, I'd open a ticket with Customer Care so they can get the specifics and possibly open an engineering ticket.

Thanks,
Jantzen

Level 1

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, our application is stuck on 1.2.14 and is unlikely to be updated in the near future. We'll pursue opening a ticket with Customer Care, thanks!