Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

DTM: How to set Currency Event in Event Based Rules? Any Examples would be of great help ..!!

Level 1

Hello DTM Experts,

I am working on the DTM implementation and it seems to be going really well before I encountered this requirement to set the currency event (Ex: event10=4.55) for a event based rule.

Any examples would be of great help.

cheers,

Scott 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Scott,

Thanks for clarifying. I would recommend the following:

Configure a data element to populate with the desired dollar value, then dynamically set the event to that data element value - here's some related documentation on data elements

• So, for example, say the desired dollar value lives in a CSS attribute on the page, then I could configure a data element to populate with that specific value:

[img]Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 9.41.32 AM.png[/img]

• Then, in the rule, I could configure the condition to fire only if this value is available if applicable:

[img]Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 9.43.35 AM.png[/img]

• Then, in the custom code editor, I could dynamically populate the event with this data element like this:

[img]Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 9.51.56 AM.png[/img]

I hope this helps!

Anna

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi There,

Thank you for reaching out to Adobe Community.

Here's an example of setting the Event based rules in DTM: 

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/dtm/rules_event.html

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Level 3

Hi Scott,

If you want to assign a value to the event, you can accomplish this by using the 'Custom Page Code' editor in the Adobe Analytics section of the rule. So, like this: 

For example, say event10 is a currency event you were using to track shipping charges, you could add the following into the editor in the rule:

[img]Screen Shot 2014-09-23 at 2.38.28 PM.png[/img]

You can always use the custom code editor in the analytics section of the rule to set variables that are not available in the UI if needed. Here's some related content on currency events for reference as well: http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/sc/implement/products.html

Hope this helps!

Anna

Level 3

Hi Scott,

If you want to assign a value to the event, you can accomplish this by using the 'Custom Page Code' editor in the Adobe Analytics section of the rule. So, like this: 

For example, say event10 is a currency event you were using to track shipping charges, you could add the following into the editor in the rule:

[img]Screen Shot 2014-09-23 at 2.38.28 PM.png[/img]

You can always use the custom code editor in the analytics section of the rule to set variables that are not available in the UI if needed. Here's some related content on currency events for reference as well: http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/sc/implement/products.html

Hope this helps!

Anna

Level 1

Hi Anna,

Thanks for taking time out to respond to my question here.

I am familiar with the concept of Currency events and how to set them however, I wasn't sure how this can be done via DTM. Your example is very helpful and I did something on similar lines but it can't be as easy as setting up it directly on the custom code editor. We need to build the condition to fire and also fetch the values dynamically which would be the dollar value in this case. Any thoughts or examples ..??

Thanks in advance,

Scott 

Level 1

Hi Shekaar Dhiman,

Please read my question again, I never asked how to set an "Event Based Rules" and the URL you have shared describes, how one can set "Event based rule"... Totally Irrelevant ..!

FYI, "Event Based Rules" has nothing to do with my question on "Currency Events" and they are north and south poles :) 

Regards,

Scott

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Scott,

Thanks for clarifying. I would recommend the following:

Configure a data element to populate with the desired dollar value, then dynamically set the event to that data element value - here's some related documentation on data elements

• So, for example, say the desired dollar value lives in a CSS attribute on the page, then I could configure a data element to populate with that specific value:

[img]Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 9.41.32 AM.png[/img]

• Then, in the rule, I could configure the condition to fire only if this value is available if applicable:

[img]Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 9.43.35 AM.png[/img]

• Then, in the custom code editor, I could dynamically populate the event with this data element like this:

[img]Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 9.51.56 AM.png[/img]

I hope this helps!

Anna