Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

DTM: Adobe Analytics custom page code with s.tl calls

Level 9

When I setup a rule and go to my Adobe Analytics section, and specify it to be triggered as an s.tl call, there is a problem with using the custom code section.  Apparently DTM seems to be overwriting s.linkTrackVars and s.linkTrackEvents so I cannot populate any Adobe Analytics variables from there.  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Andre,

There was a release that went last week that addressed this issue. Essentially, the Adobe Analytics code editor in DTM previously did not set linkTrackVars / linkTrackEvents for you (so this would need to be added to the code for it to execute appropriately), but with this release, it is not longer required to specifically include this code as the editor will set this for you.If you publish your property, this fix should take affect. If you have items in your publish queue you don't wish to publish, you can always go to your property settings and enable 'Selective Publish' in order to be able to deselect items in your queue to just push a property publish. 

Just let me know if this issue persists.

Thanks so much,

Anna

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 3

Hi Josh,

I reached out directly in December to try and get more info to troubleshoot this issue, but didn't hear back. If possible, could you provide the following info if this issue still persists?

Property Name:

Rule Name:

Test URL:

Thanks so much,

Anna

Level 1

Hi - I have the same issue. I can't set analytics custom code using s.tl() call.

I setup a test page with same exact custom page code for analytics.

• The code gets set if the event based rule is set to s.t().
  • It doesn't get set/ignored when I use the same rule with s.tl()

. Any solutions to get around this?

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Andre,

There was a release that went last week that addressed this issue. Essentially, the Adobe Analytics code editor in DTM previously did not set linkTrackVars / linkTrackEvents for you (so this would need to be added to the code for it to execute appropriately), but with this release, it is not longer required to specifically include this code as the editor will set this for you.If you publish your property, this fix should take affect. If you have items in your publish queue you don't wish to publish, you can always go to your property settings and enable 'Selective Publish' in order to be able to deselect items in your queue to just push a property publish. 

Just let me know if this issue persists.

Thanks so much,

Anna

Level 9

This bug has supposedly been fixed in April 3rd, 2014 release

http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/dtm/whatsnew.html

• Fixed an issue where linkTrackVars and linkTrackEvents were being overwritten by rules, rather than appending to existing values (such as those set in s_code).
I have not yet tested to see if this is indeed the case since I had come up with my own workaround since the time of me originally posting here. 

Level 2

Hi,

I'd like to reopen this matter, so seems that the behaviour of s.tl() calls on Direct Call Rules still being strange. If I want to use UI interface + Custom Code (is more clean gather on UI a general evars/props/events/predefinedVars), 'events' and eVars are automatically added on s.licktrackvars, so if on custom code I add another extra, for instance a prop, simply it is added on array, so far everything correct.

The problem is when s.linktrackevents comes to action, if I'm having an event set up on UI, and then I want to add another on Custom Code, s.linktrackevents were overwritten. It isn't a huge issue, so through s.apl pluggin I can fix it, but would be good if you can clarify the exacte steps to do for that these are clear for everyone.

Also I'd like to execute s.linktrackevents/vars on console, since now appears None (althrough DTM debugger printing it).

I hope get an answer from you,

Julià.

Below images:

[img]Screen Shot 2014-11-23 at 23.30.06.png[/img]

[img]Screen Shot 2014-11-23 at 23.30.21.png[/img]

Level 1

Great, Thanks for the help! I have it working now.

It would be great if Adobe could include a tips page under the official DTM documentation site.

Level 9

Oh cool, now I don't have to go test it.  

I'm on the fence as to whether or not that should be mentioned in the DTM doc.  On the one hand, DTM is a tag manager, so it's supposed to be tool agnostic. The docs should focus on DTM not the tools you implement through it.  The tools you implement through it should have their own documentation (and Adobe Analytics does), and you can readily find that information within that documentation.  

On the other hand.. Since DTM is (now) an Adobe product, it would indeed benefit Adobe to have a certain level of "catering" to their own tools within it (Adobe Analytics, Target, etc.), including mentioning tips/caveats about their own tools within it.  IMO it would be helpful if Adobe added ability for us to add comments to the DTM/Adobe Analytics/etc. online docs.  This is a feature no online documentation should be without, and Adobe does indeed do this for *some* of their docs (e.g. the APIs on developer.omniture.com).  That way people like you and I could easily go to the rules doc pages and put this caveat in there for others!

Employee

Josh,

This is a great idea to have the ability to add comments.   I will see if we can get this added to the Developer Connection for DTM.

-Rudi

Level 9

That would be awesome Rudi :)

If it in any way helps, yesterday I submitted it on ideas.omniture.com

http://ideas.omniture.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-for-Adobe/Allow-Commenting-on-online-documentation/idi-p/...

.josh