Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Delaying Page load rules . until an event occurs

Level 2

Hi ,

I have a question regarding page load rules .

My page loads first then results from API loads ,

My page load rule executes at bottom of page but since data is not availlable values are not captured .

Can someone help me with a custom code that deplays page load rule until we have an event executed .

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

HI,

DTM does not have any built-in function to delay page load rules. Typically, we recommend moving from page load to an event or direct call rules when the timing is reliant on an external factor. With that said, I did find an article that may fit your needs on an external site. Please keep in mind, this is not an Adobe run site and any use of its recommendations should be tested thoroughly. You can find the article here.

Cheers,
Jantzen

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

HI,

DTM does not have any built-in function to delay page load rules. Typically, we recommend moving from page load to an event or direct call rules when the timing is reliant on an external factor. With that said, I did find an article that may fit your needs on an external site. Please keep in mind, this is not an Adobe run site and any use of its recommendations should be tested thoroughly. You can find the article here.

Cheers,
Jantzen