Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Data Layer placement for DTM

Level 3

Hi guys

I just wanted to clarify about the best placement of the data layer for DTM.

If Ensighten should have data layer placed above the Ensighten tag, data layer for DTM should be placed in between the code snippets. I can hardly imagine any other place as fist DTM code snippet is placed in the <head> section. Am I right?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Mike & Alla, 

@Mike Thanks for correcting .

@ Alla  If there are DTM rules firing at the top of the page , then place or move rich data objects before the DTM header embed code. Hence Ideally keeping in mind all scenarios  best placement for  the data layer  is above DTM header code

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Alla ,

If the all DTM rules are firing at bottom of the page, we recommend to place data layer between the DTM code snippets i.e. Header & Footer code i.e. it should be in <head>  section of the HTML document below the header code of the DTM . 

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 5

If you put the data layer below the DTM header, I do not think you can trigger Top of Page rules based on the values in the data layer.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Mike & Alla, 

@Mike Thanks for correcting .

@ Alla  If there are DTM rules firing at the top of the page , then place or move rich data objects before the DTM header embed code. Hence Ideally keeping in mind all scenarios  best placement for  the data layer  is above DTM header code

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal.

Level 3

Thanks, guys. Sorry for no having replied earlier.