Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Creating new organisations and admin access to web properties

Level 1

Hello,

I would like to create different organisations under our profile to be able to restrict admin access for different web properties. Admins for each property (domain) should not have access to other then their own web property. Now we have it under one organisation and the admins would have access to other web properties. We need to give them admin access, that they would be able to add new users and have access to the embed tab. The option is missing. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

In order to create separate Marketing Cloud organizations, you'll need to contact your account manager. The actual setup must be done by our corporate provisioning team. There can be data implications if moving solutions that have already deployed the Marketing Cloud ID Service. There are also limitations and impacts to other solutions. I'd recommend engaging with your account manager and customer care to understand any impact on your data before putting in any request to modify your account.

Cheers,
Jantzen

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

DTM has a 1:1 relationship with a Marketing Cloud organization. While you can have more than one DTM organization, only one would be able to be linked to your Marketing Cloud. This means you'd need to have multiple Marketing Cloud organizations when user permissions are moved to the Enterprise Dashboard. Also, all data, segments, and integrations are contained within a Marketing Cloud organization. 

Is the Approver + Publisher permission level not sufficient for your users that manage the web property?

Cheers,
Jantzen

Level 1

Hi, thank you for your answer. I'm trying to prohibit admins to access different web property then their own for which they are responsible. I guess this is possible by creating different organisations. I'm not able to do this even in the Marketing Cloud. 

Level 10

Yes, you could separate your DTM companies into separate Marketing Cloud organizations. This would allow you to have admins over each that would have no access to the other (unless you granted the user a level of access). The downside of doing this is that you'd likely want those DTM companies to be integrated into Adobe solutions in the same Marketing Cloud organization. If you were to take two different DTM companies that deploy Analytics that report to the same report suite, you'd likely run into issues with any of the auto populating fields in DTM (IMS org, Report suites, ect..) You might also have users become confused with logins since they would need to switch Marketing Cloud organizations to log into Analytics and DTM.

The other option might be to keep the web properties inside the same DTM company. You could then create a DTM group that mapped to the Approver + Publisher permission within DTM. After creating the group, you could map that group to a configuration in the Admin Console (Enterprise Dashboard). Once mapped, you could make user's admins over that group. Using this method would allow your "admins" to manage who has access to that web property. This also wouldn't give them admin level access to the other web property.

If you can tell me exactly what you'd like each admin level user to be able to do, I can try and give you suggestions on how to setup your organization.

Cheers,
Jantzen

Level 1

Hello, 

I would like to go with the separate organisation option, but I can't see this option anywhere. Is it a permissions matter?

Also I would like to rename the current name of our organisation. Were am I able to do this?

Correct answer by
Level 10

In order to create separate Marketing Cloud organizations, you'll need to contact your account manager. The actual setup must be done by our corporate provisioning team. There can be data implications if moving solutions that have already deployed the Marketing Cloud ID Service. There are also limitations and impacts to other solutions. I'd recommend engaging with your account manager and customer care to understand any impact on your data before putting in any request to modify your account.

Cheers,
Jantzen