Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Classifications in DTM?

Level 1

I use DTM to manage a large number of web sites (+1,000). I have about 100 that i want to use DTM to deploy a piece of JS to.

I want to create a rule that is triggered for only those 100 sites. Is there a way I can use classifications to trigger that rule?

Failing that, is there another way to do this without having to create 100 separate rules?

Thanks very much.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Your best bet is to fire a rule based on a data element that is common across all those 100 websites.  That data point might be url structure, data layer attribute, etc.

You can also create a script that lists all the domains you wish to track which evaluates to true if it matches the current hostname.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Your best bet is to fire a rule based on a data element that is common across all those 100 websites.  That data point might be url structure, data layer attribute, etc.

You can also create a script that lists all the domains you wish to track which evaluates to true if it matches the current hostname.

Level 5

Hi,

You could create a data data element, that consist of JavaScript, that will check if the current domain are one of the 100 you want to trigger the specific rule for, and then return true/false based on that. Then you can setup one rule, that are using that element in the condition... Properly the best way to avoid creating that many rules...

/Løjmann

Level 10

Both of the above replies are great solutions. If you find one of these acceptable, please mark that answer correct.

Level 1

Thank you everyone. It looks like I'll create a script with all 100 sites listed.