Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can we use DTM to add the script in the middle of the page?

Level 3

I have a request to add some tracking script in the middle of the page. This will show up as a widget in the page. We have an option to add the script in DTM either at the top or bottom. But is there a way we can add the script at the middle of the page as per our requirement. Please let me know.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Vidya, 

There is nothing as such as "Middle of the page" in DTM. Actually it is the timing which should be considered and not the location . Also , I would like to mention that it's not suggested to use DTM as like Content management tool. However we can rarely do that but it's not recommended.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Vidya, 

There is nothing as such as "Middle of the page" in DTM. Actually it is the timing which should be considered and not the location . Also , I would like to mention that it's not suggested to use DTM as like Content management tool. However we can rarely do that but it's not recommended.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 2

Vidya,

Following your request, I think there is a confusion : The moment of the tag firing is not the same thing that the position where you want to inject additional content (your widget). Following the fact that you need the DOM was ready to inject your content, bottom page load rule would do the job. As Parit said, of course TMS are not made for that but it can do the job temporarily, waiting for the right development from IT team.

Mehdi