Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can't we use _satellite.setVar with this approach?

Level 4

Hi,

I tried using _satellite.setVar("xxxxx.userid", value-here) using period(dot) in the data element name but it didnt work(ie: not able to send the value to an eVar/prop/read the value in the console)  so i tried to avoid using dot in the data element name and used hyphen(-) instead of dot(.) like this _satellite.setVar("xxxxx-userid", value-here") and it works fine.

Anyone faced this issue earlier? not sure, if this is an issue with Adobe DTM?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

We have seen issues in the past when periods were used in various areas of DTM. We definitely recommend staying away from as many special characters as possible in your naming conventions. If you need to use them, underscores and hyphens are typically fine. I typically just use upper and lowercase letters to name data elements (IE: UserID, PageName, PurchaseAmount).

Happy Tagging,

Jantzen

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

We have seen issues in the past when periods were used in various areas of DTM. We definitely recommend staying away from as many special characters as possible in your naming conventions. If you need to use them, underscores and hyphens are typically fine. I typically just use upper and lowercase letters to name data elements (IE: UserID, PageName, PurchaseAmount).

Happy Tagging,

Jantzen