Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Assigning events for every Hashchange - Single page app

Level 4

Hi,

Is there a way to assign individual events for each hashchange?.If yes, which rule would work.

TIA 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

not sure if you've changed things for security but your first if statement has "hasvalue" instead of "hashvalue" also it looks like you're putting the code in the custom criteria field which is wrong you need to put it in the Analytics custom page code section (below the evar,props,events section)

For criteria you should just have on pushstate or hashchange and generally don't need any other criteria

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 7

I use an JS IF statement within custom code section:

Very basic and cut down version of what I use:

if(Stage == "abc") { s.events = "event42"; } else if (Stage == "def") { s.events = "event43"; }

If you're doing it for non pageviews the code is slightly different due to the way s.tl works

Level 4

Thanks for the reply. It doesn't seem to be working for me. I have created the rule and set the condition like the below. any thoughts?

Correct answer by
Level 7

not sure if you've changed things for security but your first if statement has "hasvalue" instead of "hashvalue" also it looks like you're putting the code in the custom criteria field which is wrong you need to put it in the Analytics custom page code section (below the evar,props,events section)

For criteria you should just have on pushstate or hashchange and generally don't need any other criteria

Level 4

Thanks for highlighting the typo error. It works perfectly fine when i move all the code to custom page code. thanks again