Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe DTM: Multiple Event rule in a page having issue

Level 3

I have created 3 different event based rule in a page to track 3 different buttons in a page. When i click on the 1st link it is fine. But when the 2nd link is clicked it fires 2 times with the value i set for the 1st button and the current button. When i click the 3rd button it fires again 2 times with the previous click event and the present one. Can you please let me know how to stop this? It is very urgent as this has to go live today. Quick reply is greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10
Hi Vidya,

Please set the tracking as per the below code and Let me know if it solves the purpose.

s.linkTrackVars="eVar58,events";
    s.linkTrackEvent="event20";
    s.events="event20";
    s.eVar58="xsxsxsxsx";
    // run tracker
    s.tl(this,'o',eventLabel);
    // reset vars
    s.linkTrackVars="None";
    s.linkTrackEvent="None";
    s.eVar58="";
    s.events="";

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 3

Please let me know how to clear evar and events before i start doing the new custom tracking.

Employee

Hi Vidya,

If you are looking for a function which will clear off the values from the 's' object, below is a document on how you can use function clearVars() for the same:

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/implement/function_clearVars.html

Here is another article which elaborates use of the same in page with the AJAX calls:

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/implement/impl_ajax.html

I hope this answers your query. If not, please let me know your query in a bit more detail.

~Kaushal

Level 3

We have not yet moved to AppMeasurement. With H code what is the best way to clear events and evars. I am having issue with the custom tracking.

Employee

Hi Vidya,

In case you are using H Code you would have to write a simple function to set variable to an empty string.

~Kaushal

Level 3

This is the custom code that I have used in DTM under 3rd party scripts.

s.eVar45 = "DF: Play Video";
s.events = "event5";
s.linkTrackVars = "events,eVar45"
s.linkTrackEvents = "event5";
s.tl(this,'o','SS: ' + s.eVar45);

If I add s.linkTrackVars = "none"; and s.linkTrackEvents = "none"  at the starting it is not working. Can you please let me know what is the issue?

Level 10

Hi Vidya ,

Are you still facing the issues. If yes, Please let us know.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 3

Hi Parit,

I couldn't fix this issue as clearvar() (we haven't moved to appmeasurement yet) didn't work. So i removed multiple events and kept only the single event. 

Please let me know if you have any other solution. Because this is the common error we see in the page hence i am maintaining single custom tracking in a page which is not the preferred solution.

Regards,

Vidya

Correct answer by
Level 10
Hi Vidya,

Please set the tracking as per the below code and Let me know if it solves the purpose.

s.linkTrackVars="eVar58,events";
    s.linkTrackEvent="event20";
    s.events="event20";
    s.eVar58="xsxsxsxsx";
    // run tracker
    s.tl(this,'o',eventLabel);
    // reset vars
    s.linkTrackVars="None";
    s.linkTrackEvent="None";
    s.eVar58="";
    s.events="";

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 3

Thanks, This is working. Please close the issue.