Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

DTM Queries

Level 10

Hi,

1. DTM injects JS in to the web pages automatically.

But, by itself does DTM understand JS?

If the JS has a semantic mistake, will DTM warn?

2. Will the data come from web page to DTM and then only peculate to AA, AAM, etc?

Or data bypasses DTM and reach AA, AAM, etc? (Leaving DTM only for configuring the pages)

Appreciate your responses.

Thanks,

Rama.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

The data is sent from your page directly to Adobe Analytics data collection. DTM is a client side javascript library. DTM does not collect data from your page.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Rama,

1. No, DTM doesn't have any sort of error checking in the editors contained within DTM. I have heard rumors about this possibly being added to Adobe Launch at some point though.

2. I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you asking if DTM can send data directly to other Adobe solutions without the use of a webpage or via a backend server call? If this is the question, the answer is no. DTM is a tag management solution. By nature, tag management solutions help deliver code to the page. They aren't really used as back end logical data processing tools.

Thanks,
Jantzen

Level 10

Hi Jantzen,

Thanks for reverting fast.

Let us say we have used DTM to send data from a web page to AA.

In real time, the events from web page go first to DTM and then to AA or they will go to AA directly?

I am referring to the data traversal path.

Thanks,

Rama.

Correct answer by
Level 10

The data is sent from your page directly to Adobe Analytics data collection. DTM is a client side javascript library. DTM does not collect data from your page.