Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

XT best practice for new experiences

Level 2

Hope this finds everyone doing well. Wanted to ask what the best practice might be for the following scenario:

Scenario: Ever changing tailored homepage banners for different audience segments.

• Banner 1 - Segment 1
  • Banner 2 - Segment 2
  • Banner 3 - Segment 3

Now, we can create a single XT activity containing all three experiences, I know this. However, every week, sometimes even daily, new requests come in to add more banners for different audiences. To keep adding and deleting experiences from the same XT activity seems problematic, because we'd have to pause the activity to allow an editor to add new experiences, which isn't ideal. But to the contrary, creating a separate XT activity for every experience sees us having 40 different XT activities to maintain separately. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

Just trying to solve your issue with Concept of Blue-Green Deployment methodology.

Green Activity is something which is running in production.

Whenever you get a new request then create a copy of Green Activity and name it as Blue Activity.

You Author/Editor will make changes to Blue Activity while Green Actitivity is still running in production.

Once Editor/Author is done with their changes, QA testing and all then Your Blue Activity will become your Green activity and you can Delete/Archive your old Green Activity.

It will solve your issue of pausing activity while updating. I am not sure how it will impacting your analytics and please check at that section as well.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

Just trying to solve your issue with Concept of Blue-Green Deployment methodology.

Green Activity is something which is running in production.

Whenever you get a new request then create a copy of Green Activity and name it as Blue Activity.

You Author/Editor will make changes to Blue Activity while Green Actitivity is still running in production.

Once Editor/Author is done with their changes, QA testing and all then Your Blue Activity will become your Green activity and you can Delete/Archive your old Green Activity.

It will solve your issue of pausing activity while updating. I am not sure how it will impacting your analytics and please check at that section as well.