Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

What is the interrelationship between criteria, promotion, and backup?

Level 2

Hi, I'm trying to figure out the interrelationship between Criteria (or Criteria Sequence), (Front/Back)Promotion, and Backup settings. After I've read through the online documentation couple of times, I outline two examples below based on my understanding. Does anyone help to validate this? Thank you,

consultantpin_0-1652674012107.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @practitioner-pin ,

Front and back promotions always take the first and last slots in your display design. In your example criteria AAA slots 7 & 8 would be filled with the back promotions. Slot 6 MIGHT be filled with backup recommendations ONLY IF criteria AAA returns just 3 valid results. If the criteria AAA is able to return 4 or more than 4 results then no products would be served by backup recommendations. Back up recommendations only come into picture when the intended criteria is not able to fill the required number of slots. 

Similarly in your 2nd example, backup promotions would go to slot number 8 instead of 6th. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @practitioner-pin ,

Front and back promotions always take the first and last slots in your display design. In your example criteria AAA slots 7 & 8 would be filled with the back promotions. Slot 6 MIGHT be filled with backup recommendations ONLY IF criteria AAA returns just 3 valid results. If the criteria AAA is able to return 4 or more than 4 results then no products would be served by backup recommendations. Back up recommendations only come into picture when the intended criteria is not able to fill the required number of slots. 

Similarly in your 2nd example, backup promotions would go to slot number 8 instead of 6th. 

Level 2

Hi @kchaitanya, thank you for your correction. Yes, the slots filled by backup recommendation should come with Criteria results. I forgot this. The interface has already told this. I've modified the diagram below. It may help if some people have a similar question.

practitionerpin_0-1652892698285.png