Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

What is the difference between Deactivate and Ended?

Level 4

Need a bit of clarity on ending experiments.  Can someone explain the differences between "Ended" and "Deactivate".

I see "Deactivate" in the context menus - but not "End" -- how does the "Ended" appear in the status column?

• What's the difference between an experience being "ended" or "deactivated" ? 
    • In a 'deactivated" state, new users won't see it, but return users would? (This appears in the Change log as "Deactivated the activity")
    • In an "ended" all users stop seeing the experience?  (There is no reference to an experience ending in the change log.)

Correct?

Thanks!

JPFiber_0-1703181597395.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @JPFiber 

The difference between deactivated and ended is that in case of 'ended' the activity had an end date to the activity. For instance, a banner showing an offer which had an end date to it. When you specify that end date in an activity, and the activity reaches the date, the activity is 'ended'. In case of a deactivate, you manually pause or deactivate the activity.

Hope the above helps.

More info about the different statuses is available here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/activities/activities.html?lang=en#

Cheers,

Abhinav

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @JPFiber 

The difference between deactivated and ended is that in case of 'ended' the activity had an end date to the activity. For instance, a banner showing an offer which had an end date to it. When you specify that end date in an activity, and the activity reaches the date, the activity is 'ended'. In case of a deactivate, you manually pause or deactivate the activity.

Hope the above helps.

More info about the different statuses is available here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/activities/activities.html?lang=en#

Cheers,

Abhinav

Level 4

Additional insights -- "ENDED" is the most messed-up thing I've seen.  When an experiment is set to 'end' with the schedule feature, the change log DOES NOT reflect the change in activity status.  The change log only shows, edits and activate and deactivate.  I feel if the schedule start/end feature can effect the state of the experience (active or inactive), it should reflect that in the change log.  

@abhinavbalooni Do you know if this can be made to a suggestion to Adobe for product improvement?