Expand my Community achievements bar.

Take 10 minutes to complete an Adobe Target review on Gartner Peer Insights, and as a thank you for your time, you’ll have the option to receive a $25 gift card!

Best Practices for Implementing Non-Repeating Recommendations in Distinct Homepage Sections

Level 1

I am planning to implement personalized recommendations on our website's homepage, which is structured around four distinct sections: 'Highlights', 'New Arrivals', 'Also Enjoy', and 'Last Day'. Each section is intended to follow different criteria for recommendations. However, a key challenge is ensuring that the same entity (recommendation) doesn't repeat across these sections.My initial thought is to treat the entire homepage as a single mbox instead of creating individual mboxes for each section. Then, I plan to set up a sequence of criteria for the single mbox and limit the number of items returned for each section.

JoaoTorresan_0-1704740270724.png

I would like to mention that utilizing a separate collection for each section is not a viable option for our scenario.I am seeking advice on whether this approach is the most efficient and effective. Has anyone in the community faced a similar challenge and found a better solution?Any insights on managing distinct recommendation criteria within a single page, while preventing content repetition, would be incredibly helpful. I am curious to know if there are best practices or alternative strategies that could be more beneficial for this setup.Thank you for your assistance and shared knowledge!

0 Replies