Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Tracking Server for Adobe Analytics Not Set When Loading Adobe Target through Launch Implementation

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

Hello,

I'm running into an interesting issue that I was wondering if others have had.  In our implementation, when we have Adobe Target library load & page load request fire, we've noticed an issue where the Adobe Analytics tracking server gets reset to the default “[rsid].112.2o7.net" value, even though it is set in the Experience Cloud ID extension & Adobe Analytics extension.  When this happens (primarily for new visitors who haven't had a mid set for them yet), it results in most of the page view data being unspecified in the beacon.  It appears to be a timing issue of some sort that is resolved when using "Send s.t() beacon" action, but with that approach, we are not able to capture some data that we need to wait for in data elements.

Has anybody encountered a similar issue?

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

@andylunsford1

It seems like more of an Analytics issue.

If you feel it is related to Target.

Can you please share a screenshot of where tracking server is coming incorrectly.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

@andylunsford1

It seems like more of an Analytics issue.

If you feel it is related to Target.

Can you please share a screenshot of where tracking server is coming incorrectly.

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

@skandg43264764Yes, I believe it is an Analytics issue, but it only came into play when Target actions were enabled.

As a follow-up, I was able to rectify the issue by enabling component sequencing in Adobe Launch, so I believe there was some odd timing issue that was occurring with our doPlugins set-up.  If someone similar runs into a same issue, I was able to resolve by enabling the "wait, then" behavior that is used by default with the Adobe Launch change.