Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Top Sellers across website using customer's geo location

Community Advisor

Hi Team,

We have to recommend the products on the website which were most bought in their geo location.

For E.g ABC is a most bought product in US but not in UK so we have to recommend ABC product for US visitors as Top Sellers but not for UK visitors.

orderConfirmMbox doesnt take params other than id, total, productPurchasedId so could not pass the user country info in the orderConfirmMbox. Trigerring user's country location in the entity mbox could help in this?

Any suggestions around this would be really helpful .

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @ambikaTewari_ATCI 

You might be able identify the users country geo location in a few ways, some more reliable than others..
1. The locale of your website they are browsing (e.g. if you prompt customers to localize or your website may localize them automatically based on ip address).
2. The customers delivery address when an order is placed.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 4

Hi @ambikaTewari_ATCI 

I've actually been having a think about this very same use case myself recently..

As far as I'm aware Target OOTB Popularity models only support aggregated most viewed/top sellers via Target Data Source (i.e. can't do breakdowns based on `orderConfirmMbox` attributes)

If you also have Adobe Analytics licensed, one way to achieve this would be to create a new Success Event for each geolocation.

For instance USA Purchase (event1), UK Purchase (event2), etc..

Then create a new Criteria for each geolocation using the Analytics Success Event.

Requires a little bit of additional setup but should get you the output you need.

Jacob_T1_0-1670892650140.png

Community Advisor

Thank you @Jacob_T1  for the inputs. But I was wondering how would  I map these with the user's country geo location?

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @ambikaTewari_ATCI 

You might be able identify the users country geo location in a few ways, some more reliable than others..
1. The locale of your website they are browsing (e.g. if you prompt customers to localize or your website may localize them automatically based on ip address).
2. The customers delivery address when an order is placed.