Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Targeted Experience Not Displaying Correctly

Level 2

Hi Everyone,

I've set up an experience targeting activity with the following configurations:

• Experience A: Displays a cycling hero image with a unique CTA on the homepage for users in the "Bronze" Loyalty segment.
  • Experience A0: Displays a beach-walking hero image with a different CTA on the homepage for users in the "Gold" Loyalty segment.

I’m using localhost (we-retail) for testing. For audience creation, I've set the profile parameter to equal "Bronze," which I can confirm is correctly reflected in the AEP platform debugger (please see the screenshot)

However, despite being qualified for the "Bronze" audience, I’m not consistently seeing the intended experience. Most of the time, the default hero image and CTA are displayed instead. Could you help me understand why this is happening and how to fix it?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AbinashMi1 ,

This is due to the time required for data export and ingestion into the Experience Cloud.

Therefore, if a user qualifies for the audience based on their behavior in Adobe Analytics, there might be a significant delay before this audience is actionable in Adobe Target. This delay primarily affects first-time visitors since their data has just been captured and needs to go through the process before being recognized and actionable.

First Visit vs. Return Visits: Historical audiences from Adobe Analytics are updated every few hours, new visitors (first-time visits) who should fall into the "Bronze" audience might not be immediately recognized for this segment during their first visit. However, by their return visit, the audience data has been updated, and they are correctly identified and targeted.

Please refer below documents for audiences:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-cloud-kcs/kbarticles/ka-16471

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @AbinashMi1,
could you explain exactly how you built the audience for this activity?

Level 2

Hi @Perrin_Ennen ,

I'm using WEB SDK implementation. So to create the audience, I passed the loyalty parameter by creating a data element "data.content" with the following custom code in launch

var data = {
__adobe: {
target: {
"entity.id": _satellite.getVar("product.productInfo.sku"),
"entity.name": _satellite.getVar("product.productInfo.title"),
"profile.LoyaltyType": _satellite.getVar("user.profile.attributes.Loyaltytype"),
"profile.loggedIn": _satellite.getVar("user.profile.attributes.loggedIn"),
"user.categoryId": _satellite.getVar("product.category")
}
}
}
return data;

Then update my page load Rule within Data Section

I follow this documentation https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/platform-learn/implement-web-sdk/applications-setup/setup...

Then I go to Audience in Adobe target and create an audience like
Visitor Profile: LoyaltyType equals (case sensitive) bronze

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AbinashMi1 ,

This is due to the time required for data export and ingestion into the Experience Cloud.

Therefore, if a user qualifies for the audience based on their behavior in Adobe Analytics, there might be a significant delay before this audience is actionable in Adobe Target. This delay primarily affects first-time visitors since their data has just been captured and needs to go through the process before being recognized and actionable.

First Visit vs. Return Visits: Historical audiences from Adobe Analytics are updated every few hours, new visitors (first-time visits) who should fall into the "Bronze" audience might not be immediately recognized for this segment during their first visit. However, by their return visit, the audience data has been updated, and they are correctly identified and targeted.

Please refer below documents for audiences:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-cloud-kcs/kbarticles/ka-16471