Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Target redirects only partially working

Level 2

Hi,

I am setting up a simple redirect for our website using target by going into the VEC and clicking the 'Redirect to URL' button. This seems to work fine when navigating directly to the page using the QA link but when using any of the buttons in the navigation or other links on the site the page is reloaded and just says 'forbidden' and the rest of the page is blank.

I do have an error showing in the activity setup but not sure if thats related at all?

Thank you.

ThomasHa_0-1690892883323.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

As discussed via messages, the problem is caused by how the web server is handling certain query string params generated as part of re-direct activities, which can be solved by allowlisting those params 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

That warning message is more of an FYI to make sure you are using compatible libraries, so it's not an error as such. In the steps you describe, are you using the QA link and then clicking buttons/links or have you set the activity live and then click buttons/links?

Level 2

We had originally set the test live and noticed it wasn't working so paused. I have further tested different pages and different URL's and I seem to be getting the same error ever single time so it seems the setup is wrong. 

So just to confirm QA Link or Live link straight to the page works fine but nav link or homepage button link > the page sends the error message.

Thanks.

Employee Advisor

Ok, is it possible to set an activity live and then share the URL with me? You can send it in a private message if you prefer. Otherwise it's going to be very difficult to troubleshoot.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

As discussed via messages, the problem is caused by how the web server is handling certain query string params generated as part of re-direct activities, which can be solved by allowlisting those params