As an organization, we are trying to use Adobe Target Premium for recommendations. This is my first time building a recommendation, so I am trying to build a prototype. The issue I am having is only the first recommendation ($entity1.name) properly displays information. The design is coded to display 3 recommendations (entities). I am new to Recommendations, so my troubleshooting knowledge is limited.
I have created:
While building the activity, the "preview" properly displays information on all 3 entities, however, when activated to production or using QA links only the the first recommendation displays information. The other 2 recommendations are blank.
I have tried testing different criterias and designs, but only the first recommendation displays. I am not sure what I am missing or what is left to troubleshoot.
Not sure if super helpful but here is a go-to design for me to debug if data is coming through a particular criteria.
#set($start = 0)
#set($end = 9)
#set($range = [$start..$end])
#foreach($i in $range)
#if ($i < $end)
If you feel like the criteria is to blame, then you can set up an activity with front/back promotions that can be hard coded entities.
It is also worth passing a debug token (Setup -> Implementation -> Debugger Tools) on the url of the request. You will see it run through all the steps of the recommendation engine.
Thank you for sharing!
Thanks Eric for sharing the template and advice. I didn't know about the debugger tools. I will definitely keep the template for future testing.