Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Target API thru Postman

fcen
Level 1
Level 1

I'm able to follow the Target API documentation and use Postman to fire API request to get Target activity details. However, when I retrieved activity details in Postman, the modifiedtime seems weird.

For example: I activated a test on 12/26 6PM CT, but the information I retrieved in postman was 12/27 0:00AM, which is 4 hours late.

"startsAt": "2018-12-27T00:00:00Z",

Can anyone shed some light on this one? How do I check the timezone settings in postman, or is this a common issue?

1 Accepted Solution
ryanr701
Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

Okay, it looks like the API response is actually 6 hours ahead, which makes a little more sense. The UI reflects your account time zone of CT (-06:00) but the API is reflecting UTC.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ryanr701
Employee
Employee

Hi fcen,

Do the times look right in the Target UI for the same activity? Also, had you explicitly set a "starts at" time for the activity or had you just manually activated it at the given time?

fcen
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, I did specific start time instead of manually activated it. And the time looks correct in the Target UI.

ryanr701
Employee
Employee

Cool. Could you DM me your postman response? I can look further into it.

ryanr701
Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

Okay, it looks like the API response is actually 6 hours ahead, which makes a little more sense. The UI reflects your account time zone of CT (-06:00) but the API is reflecting UTC.

View solution in original post