Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Setting a goal to track successful form submits

Level 2

I am trying to figure out how to setup a goal metric in the Reporting Settings area of Adobe Target for a successful form submit. If I use Conversion > Clicked Element, I can select the form submit button. However, this will include any time a user clicks the button even if it wasn't a successful submit. We use Google Analytics. So the event that fires when they click the submit button and it is successful is form_raq_success. I thought about using Pageviews and selecting the thank you page that loads after a successful submission, but I worry that won't be completely accurate if anyone reloads the page or accidently comes to the page. 

Is there anyway to set this up or get close to setting this up correctly?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If it's possible (i.e. either via the tag manager config update or through a development request) you could add a Track Event call that happens based on the same trigger as that form_raq_success call. With this Track Event approach you send a named mbox (e.g. "formSubmit") and then within the Target reporting you specify the Goal Metric as Conversion --> Viewed an mbox --> formSubmit

You can give the mbox any name you want though, it doesn't have to be called formSubmit, that's just an example. There's full documentation here too 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If it's possible (i.e. either via the tag manager config update or through a development request) you could add a Track Event call that happens based on the same trigger as that form_raq_success call. With this Track Event approach you send a named mbox (e.g. "formSubmit") and then within the Target reporting you specify the Goal Metric as Conversion --> Viewed an mbox --> formSubmit

You can give the mbox any name you want though, it doesn't have to be called formSubmit, that's just an example. There's full documentation here too 

Level 2

Thank you! I will reach out to my development team to see if we can try this out.